<song> Mouse Mariachi Band: Down in Juarez, Mexico In a small adobe house Rosalita Gonzales gave birth To a handsome little mouse The whole town came to celebrate The baby being born But when they got back home They found that all their cheese was gone! You will only feel the breeze When he comes to steal your cheese. Queso Bandito! (Aha!) He'll set fire to the street With his tiny mousey feet. To the Mariachi beat. All: Queso Bandito! Speedy: Do not leave your cheese unattended Cheddar, Monterey Jack, or blended. I will sneak inside of your pueblo Relieve you of all your Manchego. All: Careful not to take a siesta You will have no cheese for fiesta! Always chased by the federales' But they ate too many tamales. Speedy: They can't catch me if they tried. Mouse Mariachi: He'll outrun them every time! All: Queso Bandito! (Aha)! </song>
- Many people believes that Queso Bandito means "Cheese Bandit" in Spanish. But actually, this is false. In Spanish, the correct spelling isn't Bandito, but bandido. Also, the phrasing is incorrect; it would be something like bandido del queso. This is why in the Spanish translation the song is named El Roba Queso, the Cheese Thief. This is a case of El Spanish O, as stated in TV Tropes.
- Speedy Gonzales has a brother and a sister as shown when he was born.
- Speedy Gonzales's mother's name is Rosalita Gonzales.
- The walls in Speedy Gonzales's childhood house are made of newspaper.
- Speedy's voice was a lot like it was in the cartoons in this Merrie Melodie (as in, a little higher).
- Speedy, aka Queso Bandito, is kind of like a parody of Puss in Boots in this Merrie Melody.
- Speedy's clothes, except for his red bandana around his neck are black in this video.